Helpful Links for Home Buyers
Looking to buy a home, but don’t know where to start? Here are some links and resources for information on loans, mortgages, and other buyer-related topics.
- The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)offers U.S. home buyers a wealth of resources about everything from federal home loans to filing housing discrimination complaints.
- The Federal Housing Administration (FHA) provides mortgage insurance on loans made by FHA-approved lenders throughout the United States and its territories. FHA insures mortgages on single family and multifamily homes including manufactured homes and hospitals.
- The Veteran’s Administration (VA) offers loans to first-time home buyers who are qualified veterans of the United States military. VA loans may be more forgiving of poor credit and have lower down payment and closing costs.
- Fannie Mae is the leading source of residential mortgage credit in the U.S. secondary market, providing government-backed loans that enable families to buy, refinance, or rent a home. Fannie Mae’s website also provides information and resources for home buyers.
- The National Association of REALTORS® is the largest trade organization in North America. NAR’s website offers information both for home buyers and sellers, including research, reports, and a directory for finding REALTORS in your local area.
- The National Association of Mortgage Brokers (NAMB) is the voice of the mortgage industry, representing the interests of mortgage professionals and home buyers. Use NAMB’s directory to find a mortgage professional in your local area or check your mortgage broker’s credentials.